Monday, March 30, 2009

Spotted at the weekend
We have a nice little antique store here in Nelson - The Bronze Peacock - and when I was in there on Saturday I spotted this lovely little vignette. I beautiful copy of Osa Johnson's well known book, "I Married Adventure" clasped between these two wonderful brass gazelles - how perfect. This stylish book is such a collectors item since it became popular with photographers and stylists - often to be spotted on coffee tables in the pages of Elle Decor and Architectural Digest. It's an eye catching prop and a very good read to boot!


Linda said...

What a great photo and I love those bookends.

jenni.t said...

Wow - you found that in your local shop? I'm impressed!

Pigtown-Design said...

1) Did you snap up that book in a flash?

2) There are two different covers. I think that this one is the first edition's cover.

3) What other great things did they have?

cartolina said...

Meg :-)
1. No - it's still sitting there.
2. Yes I think you might be right
3. Well, what do you fancy?

I think the price on this book is $60 Canadian. Which I think is about $45 US. The book ends are fab too.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin