Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rockafeller Centre | Anthropologie
I was all set to do this post today and, as I was uploading the images to Blogger, I got a fax. I couldn't believe my eyes - the fax was from Anthropologie - an order for our Cartolina recycled notebooks! So, I am very excited to announce today that our new notebooks will be available at Anthropologie this spring - judging by the date on the PO, I expect they will be in the stores in March. Absolutely brilliant - very excited.

I love the store at Rockafeller Centre. I think it is an old movie theatre judging by the marquee out front. It is a 2 story store with most of the clothing downstairs and housewares upstairs. The back of the store is really nicely merchandized with a great collection of new and vintage objet d'art. The lamps hanging from the ceiling look like they are from the 20s I think, don't you? Did you know that at Anthropologie everything is for sale - even all the displays, tables, cupboards and fixtures. If you look closely everything has a price tag!




I loved this display(above) Can you see all the framed butterflies and the small curiosity cabinet with the drawers?

This is a vintage phone booth full of lamp shades!



This bed was covered in gauze rags - very je ne sais quoi! Very Anthropologie!


So the closest Anthro is a long way from my neck of the woods. I would love it if in a couple of months one of my readers could pop into one of the stores and take a picture of my notebooks - I'm so excited - did I say that all ready?

20 comments:

Robin said...

Congrats Fiona! Wonderful news. Just another excuse for me to get out shopping this spring! Will check out our local NJ Anthro when they arrive.

marzi said...

congrats on the anthro order! fabulous!

Julie said...

Congratulations on the order!
I too love this particular Anthropologie store - my daughter & I spent hours in their last year when we were in NYC. Their display style is incredible.

Pigtown-Design said...

YAY! What a coup! I hope they have them in the Anthro near us (well, about 40 miles away...)

kelly said...

anthropologie=big time! :)
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS! :)

Suzanne said...

How exciting! Congratulations to you :)

That Anthropologie store looks amazing! I've (sadly) never been to one in person and want to even more now - it look like I could spend all day in there!

Linda said...

Congratulations Fiona.
I love all the photos - great job

dear pony said...

That is so great! Congratulations!
The books will look fantastic in the store.

cartolina said...

Thanks everyone!
And for my Canadian friends - did you know there are 2 Anthropologie stores opening in Canada this year. One in Toronto and one in Edmonton - who knew!
f.

AnnaVallance said...

Congratulations, Fiona.

janeen said...

love the displays they have at anthropologie (and the items), wish they had a store in madrid... and congrats!

Pfeiffer Photos said...

Well deserved, congrats, Fiona! I've never been to/seen an Anthro store. Wow. Layered chaos of faux vintage happiness! I do have an antique mall nearby (we're in Portland, OR) that displays this way...here's a link:

http://www.monticelloantiques.com/marketplace/

jan said...

Oh congrats Fiona! So this is the "A".....!

Edmonton?

rifferaff said...

great news! congrats!

Jen said...

Congrats Fiona! I think your notebooks will be a great addition to Anthro's stuff. I'm sad that you can't just pop by an Anthro anytime you want; it's just cruel really! Anywho, I'll take some shots for form here in Seattle. Congrats again!

Brittany Noel said...

This is so exciting! I will be stopping by Anthro to pick a few up for sure. I was thinking I needed to pay a visit to my local Anthro soon. This one in Rockefeller looks amazing. I love all of the texture they incorporate. I think it's great that each store has it's own stylists and so every one is different.

carina said...

Hurrah for the Anthro order. I think Cartolina is an excellent addition, to one of my all time favorite stores. Congratulations!

cartolina said...

Thanks everyone - I appreciate the enthusiasm and it's so nice that you have taken the time to leave a comment - it warms my heart :-)

cartolina said...

Oh, and Jan - yes it's true, Edmonton is getting an Anthropologie before Vancouver - I didn't believe it myself when I read it - I had to double check my unreliable source ;-)

Anonymous said...

what a dream come true to have your creations at a store like anthropologie! i love anthropologie and always have to stop myself from going in since i know i will end up spending much more than i really wanted but loving my goodies. i will look for your pretty notebooks and will definitely snap a photo for you at my anthro in so cal. i am soo, soo fortunate (well, maybe not for my pocketbook but definitely for my soul) to have an anthro five minutes away. a warm hello and huge congrats. (r8ermom)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin