Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Inspiration | Vintage Indian Textiles
It's no secret that my work is really influenced by my grandparents' textile export business in India years ago. So I was excited when I found these wonderful images of Indian textiles here. These detail shots give me all sorts of good ideas for patterns and textures - I love the crude random stitching and the once rich colours faded to muted tones. I could look at these images all day. 

We interrupt this post with a photo of my grandma on an elephant in India - we have so many elephant riding pictures in our old family photos it must have been a very popular past time!


High Desert Diva said...

The workmanship in those textiles is extraordinary...I can see why they inspire you.

Love the photo of your grandmother!

Linda said...

What a fantastic photo.
I love those textiles they are so beautiful.

Carla Cavellucci Landi said...

Wow, I have no idea about your gpatrents business, that's amazing!wonderful inspiration!!! I love the colors and textures... and what a photo! I wish my granny could ride an elephant LOL...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin