Monday, January 5, 2009

Illustration Update
Remember I showed you this drawing that Doug was working on in August? I really loved it - it is part of a publication that he was working on throughout the summer. Well - he is very excited today because this illustration plus the cover illustration are winners in this year's Society of Iillustrators of Los Angeles juried competition and show. I am very proud of him!

The competition is always very stiff in the illustration world but I just knew there was something special about this series of illustrations that he was working on. The juried show will be at the Gallery Nucleus in LA starting March - maybe we'll go - how fun!

10 comments:

Cicada Studio said...

That IS exciting- and from what I can see, well deserved. I really enjoy this style of illustration- so dynamic. Congratulations, Doug!

Maria Elena said...

Congratulations to Doug! His work is beautiful!

Julie said...

Congratulations to Doug! What an honor!

Molly said...

How exciting - congratulations to Doug! His illustrations are beautiful!

marzi said...

very cool! congrats doug!

oh, and i just noticed your new profile pic! very nice! so cute!

Linda said...

Great news Doug. Congratulations!
Love your new photo Fiona

Douglas said...

#1 position on Fiona's blog! I knew that there would be a payoff for staying in my studio for six weeks this summer, working on these 25 illustrations.....
Thanks everyone!

Brittany Noel said...

This is so exciting!!! Hooray! You should be proud Doug!

cartolina said...

Well Doug you certainly are popular!
I may have to use you as the opening
act more often ;-)

Hanna said...

Congrats Doug!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin