Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ephemera | botanical diagrams



Do you like these? I do. My  high school years were spent at a very old school in Scotland and in the science rooms there were all sorts of ancient specimens and weird stuff in jars - along the walls there were blackboards with dozens of these pull down scientific diagrams. They are very collectible now and I happened to notice that the fellow who had the yard sale a few weeks ago where I bought the 1930s Chinese posters had a number of these in his collection. So I think I am going to head over there on Saturday to see if I can buy a couple from him for the studio. I hope he still has them! These images are from one of my favourite blogs, more ways to waste time

4 comments:

jenni.t said...

I wish I could find one of these at a yard sale :-)

Pigtown-Design said...

i haven't gone to any yard sales this fall (saving my pennies for london later this month), but i would love to find some botanicals at one! i love them with the black background.

Brittany Noel said...

I've had an obsession with botanicals for a couple years now. They're so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The June 2008 Country Home Magazine featured a reproduction Hageman School Chart, that was beautiful. Unfortunately I couldn't make up my mind which one/s to get and now the web site that carried them, passagems.com isn't any more because they are too difficult to get. They're out there somewhere.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin