Friday, September 5, 2008

Inspiration | Unlikely Places


When I scroll down through the last few weeks of posts I hope that you get a feel for who we are and what inspires our work. I love this image, it has all the elements of design I love - bold colour, vintage patina, folk art styling and traditional craftsmanship. And it's a boot! The best inspiration can show up in the most unlikely places! Fabulous vintage(1952) leather work from Cowboy Boots, The Art And Sole by Jennifer June. Have a great weekend - be inspired. See you next week!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Those are boots???? Wow, the detail is amazing!

Ana Carini said...

It looks like a purse to me... love it!

cartolina said...

I picked up this book at Barnes and Noble about 3 years ago and I have have found so much inspiration from the pages and pages of vintage leatherwork - who knew!
Thanks for your comments!

Linda said...

I love them. The colors are fantastic.

AnnaVallance said...

Love your blog, Fiona and have been impressed by your cards that I have seen in magazines. Am adding you to my list for those times when I need inspiration.

cartolina said...

Thanks Anna!
Glad that you can find some inspiration here!

TIKA said...

i stared at this photo for at least three straight minutes....
i am a terrible boot lover.
especially ones this beautiful....

impossible to find in my country

patrice said...

Thanks for all the inspiration everyday Fiona!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin