Friday, September 26, 2008

An exercise in design appreciation



Well it's Friday all ready. This is such a busy time for us at Cartolina - lots of big Xmas orders going out to retailers right now and for the next few weeks. But, at the end of a busy afternoon, producing this blog is my favourite way to wind up the day. For me it's like being the head buyer at my own wonderful department store. Every item here is chosen not because I necessarily want to own it or wear it but because it in some way represents the visual candy that feeds the part of me that really loves beautiful, bold style that's based on solid design fundamentals. Fabulous tights and gorgeous ring from Free People. Simply lovely blouse from a stunning collection at Odd Molly. {None of which I would probably wear but all of which I am drawn to for pure esthetic appreciation!}

8 comments:

Cicada Studio said...

Odd Molly's site is incredible. Not to mention the clothes- all of it, stunning.

jenni.t said...

Do you think I could wear those tights with those shoes you posted earlier this week - or would that be a little too much ;-)
Love em!

Hanna said...

those tights are fantastic!

Pigtown-Design said...

Tights are very Liberty of London-looking!

Erin @ Bride Design said...

Those tights are MINE! I am heading to free people right this very second. Thanks Fiona!

Julie said...

Those tights are so cool! (wish I had those legs to go with them - LOL!)

Pfeiffer Photos said...

I concur with the other commenters...the tights are fab! ~tina

cartolina said...

I'll expect to see you all sporting those tights this fall!

Thanks for all the comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin