Friday, August 29, 2008

Trends | Indian inspiration

I cut this page(above) out of Country Home Magazine about a year ago. Believe it or not this is a room in a desert house in Arizona. I love it. I find it really inspiring and beautiful. This page has been hanging on my bulletin board for a few months now - thought I would share it with you today. I've noticed a real trend towards Indian inspired decor and accessories recently.




I think you can add these kind of decorative items to any style of home. There are loads of reproduction and modern Indian pieces out there but you do have to be careful that your home doesn't start looking like an opium den or the Taj Mahal! I prefer to see subtle use of authentic Indian antiques or Indian ephemera (though occasionally I think that stylized versions look good too like the pillows above). When we were in New York a few weeks ago I noticed loads of Indian stuff at ABC - fantastical, sculptural pieces and paintings that I just fell in love with. Pictures above from ABC Carpet and Home and John Robshaw
Blog Widget by LinkWithin