Monday, August 4, 2008

Random Objects | Bell Jars

I have a fascination with bell jars or cloche. They can make the most simple item look like a work of art. I like them on cake stands and I like them on simple wooden bases. I seem to remember that a recent Martha Stewart magazine had a beautiful article on bell jars, I must look it up. Here are a few for you to enjoy.





The bell jars pictured here are available at Bodie and Fou. You can buy vintage vacuum bell jars at junk stores that usually come with a tight fitting wooden base - very similar to the ones above with the eggs. The vintage vacuum jars often have really thin, wobbly glass  which makes your treasures look even more interesting! {Actually I think I like the egg ones the best of all the shapes above.}
Blog Widget by LinkWithin